What better time than when the weather gets colder to start planning for Thanksgiving? If you're looking ahead with plans of making your 98th Avenue apartment look festive with some DIY decorations, why not take advantage of Halloween time and make it easier on yourself? Interior decor can be stylish, fun, and timeless.
When you make something on your own, it gives you the ability to control what you have created and how it turns out. One of the most satisfying feelings in life is to design something. DIY gives you that feeling of empowerment, and it's also a great way to save money.
Get Inspired By These Decor Ideas
1. Add a little foliage on the mantel or art wall with a couple of pumpkins and gourds, along with leafy garland, twigs, and acorn caps.
2. Create an autumnal picture wall with pumpkins or gourds in various sizes, along with some fall foliage to tie everything together. This is great if you don't have much wall space in the home.
3. Display a collection of different fall leaves in a large wooden bowl. If you don't have fresh fall leaves, you can purchase faux ones at any craft store.
4. Add some small pumpkins to your large vase for a pop of fall color instead of flowers, and fill in the gaps with some faux leaves. This is great if you want to keep your fall decor up longer than just Thanksgiving or Halloween season.
5. Combine orange and red flowers like carnations and mums for a festive centerpiece on your table that isn't focused on Thanksgiving.
Apartment Living Fall 2021
Reward all of your hard work and enjoy a pizza at Uncle Peteza's Pizzeria with friends. Invite them over after dinner to soak in the trending decor you created from scratch. End the night with the feeling of thankfulness and joy to ease into the last stretch of the year.